For PTO Volunteer Use Only
PTO Volunteers who need the PTO cash box for collecting cash and making change at PTO-sponsored events should use this form to request use of the cash box. Please read the procedures below, then complete the form at the bottom of the page.
- Complete and submit cash box request form at least one week in advance of the
- The cash box will be put in the office safe before your event date; ask the school secretary for the cash box on the day of your event.
- At the end of the event, count all money (including the start up cash), fill out a deposit slip and put the
money and the deposit slip in an envelope in the school safe. Blank deposit forms are usually included in the bottom of the
cash box; they can also be found in the Treasurer’s mailbox in the main office or here on the website.
- Return the empty cash box to the school secretary.
- Notify the Assistant Treasurer that a deposit is ready to be picked up by emailing email@example.com.
Note: Cash boxes are not to leave school premises unless approved by the PTO President or the Treasurers. Refer to the Deposit Notice form for additional procedures related to preparing deposits.