VFES is excited to host its 5th Annual Scarecrow Competition! Decorate a scarecrow, bring it to school, and have it displayed along Walker Road and at the Halloween Parade. Each student will get a chance to vote for their favorite scarecrow!
The winner will be announced on October 31st. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will win a prize!
Not just any scarecrow will do – the scarecrow entries must comply with the following rules:
- The scarecrow must be based on a character from a book
- The scarecrow must be staked and standing. (You can use any type of wooden stake or tomato cage, etc that will stick in the ground. If you would like the PTO to provide a stake, please make that selection in your application.)
- Your stake number MUST be visible somewhere on your scarecrow (no names, the competition is anonymous). Your stake number will be included in the email confirmation after you submit your application.
- The scarecrow must be able to withstand the weather.
- The scarecrow must be made of hay.
- Please no violence or gore.
- Scarecrows are due on October 20th. You can drop off by the front doors at either drop off or pick up times OR bring with you to Trunk or Treat that evening – feel free to help out and stake it yourself!
To participate, please complete the entry application NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 6th.
** Please Note: Stakes will only be provided by the PTO if requested in your application. Stakes will be available at the drop off/pick up car line on October 9th from 8:30-9:10am or after school from 3:30-4:15pm. Parent or guardian must be present.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.