What: Scary Gym is a spook-tacular, fun and safe event for students
When: Monday, October 30, 2017
Where: VFES Gym
Who: Kindergarten and 1st grade get their chance during the school day; grades 2-4 attend in the evening
Scary Gym is a highly anticipated event at VFES that requires many volunteers!I Want to Volunteer! »
What It Is
Scary Gym is a spook-tacular, fun and safe event for students! VFES family volunteers create a huge maze of cardboard boxes and mats in the gym for the kids to crawl and run through.
***New this Year!*** Spooky Gym – All the Thrills without the Chills! Features daylight, fun music and no startlers. Scroll down for more details.
How It Works
Kindergarten and First Grade
Visit Scary Gym during the school day on October 30th. Nothing else for you to do!
Second, Third, and Fourth Grades
Visit Scary Gym in the evening on October 30th and follow these steps:
- Look at the schedule below to find your child\’s assigned time. Your child must go through Scary Gym at his/her scheduled time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Your child should arrive and check-in at the VFES lobby 10 minutes before his/her assigned Scary Gym time.
- If your child is late, he/she must still exit Scary Gym at the scheduled end time.
- Upon exit, children are accounted for and receive a snack and a drink to eat in the cafeteria or bring home. Parents meet their children in the cafeteria following Scary Gym.
New for 2017 – Spooky Gym!
All the Thrills without the Chills!
Spooky Gym will be held from 4:30-5:00 pm on October 30th, 2017.
What\’s the difference? Spooky Gym features daylight, fun music, and no startlers.
If your child would prefer to attend Spooky Gym, please sign up here.
Children who attend Spooky Gym are not eligible to also attend Scary Gym with their class.
Will My Child be TOO Scared?
The Scary Gym provides Valley Forge Elementary students with a fun Halloween activity that promotes self-confidence, risk-taking, and good sportsmanship. To this end, the Scary Gym operates on levels of increasing challenge defined by grade level.
Students have the option to stop participating at any point that their level of comfort warrants. This includes assisting any student out of the maze and to the nearest exit upon request.
Students are encouraged to be cognizant of individual differences and respect the feelings of their peers. The startlers are introduced to the students in the hallway at the beginning of each session. The startlers’ role is to startle, not to frighten students.
[table id=19 /]
But Wait, There\’s More!
Please consider volunteering for some of the following Scary Gym volunteer opportunities.
- To get specifics on volunteering for Scary Gym and to sign up, click here
- Questions? Contact Kevin Burkert, Coordinator
We appreciate your efforts in helping to provide a controlled, safe atmosphere for our students as they celebrate this spook-tacular activity!